Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bulgaria, Georgia, Hungary, Kazakhstan, Lithuania, Poland, Romania, Uzbekistan — Any location.
We are looking for experienced Senior Software Developer (Node.js) to join our international team of professionals!
Work at Exadel — Who We Are:
Since 1998, Exadel has been engineering its own software products and custom software for clients of all sizes. Headquartered in Walnut Creek, California, Exadel currently has 2500+ employees in development centers across the Americas, Europe, and Asia. Our people drive Exadel’s success, and they are at the core of our values.
About Our Customer:
The customer is the online privacy company that develops easy-to-use tools for consumers and businesses to control what personal information companies, third parties, and other people see about them online.
The current team is distributed between US and India, and the Team Lead is expected to cover these time zones. The main team will be based in Europe and consist of up to 10 members.
Project Tech Stack:
- Services with varying degrees of interdependence and rich data interaction
- Backend: Ruby on Rails, NodeJS, Java (SpringBoot)
- Frontend: React, Angular
- Databases: MySQL on RDS, DynamoDB, Table Storage
- Infrastructure: AWS, Kubernetes on EKS, Helm, Terraform
- Monitoring: OpenSearch, Kibana, Amazon CloudWatch
- Process: Light Agile, 2-week iterations
- 3+ years of NodeJS programming experience; being capable of making the way around Ruby on Rails and Java projects (2+ years of experience)
- Being able to produce scalable and resilient designs, clean code
- Ability to maintain and improve written documentation; effectively communicate ideas in a written form
- Ability to communicate effectively in an asynchronous, distributed setting
- Ability to validate assumptions and get clarification on tasks up front to minimize the need for rework
- Understanding how their work fits into the larger project and identifying the problems with requirements
- Experience with distributed cloud-native systems and data-intensive processing
- Capability of getting up to speed with the existing systems and repositories through code analysis and debugging; making steady progress without much technical guidance
- Capability of prioritizing tasks; avoiding getting caught up in unimportant details
- Being a lifetime learner who is eager to keep up with the progress of technology
- Ability to give timely, helpful feedback to peers and managers; solicits feedback from others and strives to find ways to improve
English level: Intermediate+.
- Own features from technical design through completion
- Initially, focus on supporting data provider site integration harnesses implemented in RoR and NodeJS. Reimplement the obsolete RoR integrations leveraging NodeJS
- Maintain granular monitoring for site jobs and internal tool errors; insert logging of errors into feature code; design new monitoring processes together with the rest of the team; build dashboards to provide comprehensive overviews and end-to-end diagnoses; maintain threshold-based alerts from the metrics
- Research the ways to accommodate the application needs and optimize the DB structure
- Support and review the data schema architecture and design
- Develop and optimize the application data interaction
Responsibilities after a quarter year of work:
- Contribute to the strategic technology decision-making process
- Provide support for their area, including systems that are not their core focus
- Maintain company-wide and regional data compliance at the application level
- Manage institutional technical knowledge. Conduct technology workshops; evangelize and review the recommended practices.
Advantages of Working with Exadel:
- You can build your expertise with our Client Engagement team, who provide assistance with existing and potential projects
- You can join any Exadel Community or create your own to communicate with like-minded colleagues
- You can participate in continuing education as a mentor or speaker. You will not only be emotionally but also financially rewarded for mentoring
- You can take part in internal and external meetups as a speaker or listener. We support you in broadening your horizons and encourage knowledge sharing for all of our employees
- You can learn English with the support of native speakers
- You can take part in cultural, sporting, charity, and entertainment events
- Working at Exadel means always upgrading your skills and proficiency, so we provide plenty of opportunities for professional development. If you’re looking for a challenge that will lead you to the next level of your career, you’ve found the right place
- We work hard to ensure honest and open relations between employees and leadership, so our offices are friendly environments