Dive right in. Swim with our pod.
At Orca, we believe that in the right environment and with the right team, talent has no boundaries. This team spirit, together with our drive to always aim high (because the cloud is the limit), have quickly earned us unicorn status and turned us into a global cloud security innovation leader. So if you’re ready to join an amazing team of people who inspire each other every day, now is the time to find your place in our pod.
About the role:
Orca Security’s Cloud Detection and Response engineering team is growing and looking for talented Software Engineers to join our global team. Together we will build the next generation of Security products as part of Orca’s one-stop-shop for cloud security solutions. If you’re a team player, looking to be part of a fast-growing, heavily funded startup company, and solve complex technical challenges while using state-of-the-art technologies on a product built from scratch — that’s your chance!
Ready to dive in and swim with our pod?
On a typical day, you’ll:
- Write clean, concise code that is stable, extensible, and unit-tested appropriately
- Diagnose complex issues, evaluate, recommend and execute the best solution
- Implement new requirements within our Agile delivery methodology while following our established architectural principles
- Test software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write code that meets the production requirements and design specifications and anticipates potential errors/issues
- Provides input into the architecture and design of the product; collaborating with the team in solving problems the right way
- Develop expertise in AWS, Azure, and GCP products and technologies
- 5+ years of production experience in Python
- Knowledge/Experience designing and implementing data-intensive systems
- Experienced in working with micro-service architecture & cloud-native services
- Solid understanding of software design principles, concurrency, synchronization, memory management, data structures, algorithms, etc.
- Experience with K8s — scaling, and management of containerized apps
- Experience with data streaming/data-driven applications
- Experience with async applications
- Self-motivated and passionate attitude
- Team player mindset and a great sense of humor
Benefits of working with us:
- Work in a highly professional team. Informal and friendly atmosphere in the team;
- Opportunity to attend WeWork coworkings in Warsaw (on demand);
- Paid vacation — 20 business days per year, 100% sick leave payment;
- 5 sick days per year;
- Equipment provision;
- Inflation-protected wages with regular revision of compensation conditions;
- Partially compensated educational costs (for courses, certifications, professional events, etc.);
- Medical insurance (after the end of the probationary period);
- English and Polish courses — 2 times a week (at the pandemic time — remotely);
- Bright and memorable corporate life: corporate parties 2 times a year, gifts to employees in honor of life events.