G5 Games is a game developer and publisher headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden. We have over 900+ talented professionals worldwide who work remotely in one of our 10 locations. More than 20 years ago, the company became one of the first mobile game developers in the world.
You may know us from hit projects like Sherlock, Hidden City®, Mahjong Journey®, The Secret Society®, the Jewels series, and many others.
We are currently looking for an experienced Narrative Designer (remote) to join the Narrative Designers team.
What you will work on:
- Unite all elements of the game into a coherent narrative.
- Immerse the player in the game with the help of narrative.
- Create narrative tie-in to the gameplay of the game.
- Develop means of communicating the narrative to the player.
- Prepare concepts of characters, locations, scenes and story arcs.
- Be the centerpiece of everything about the narrative on the project.
- Manage a team of writers.
- Proofread and edit texts.
It’s important to us:
- Ability to tell a story through actions, not words.
- Understanding techniques for eliciting an emotional response from a player.
- Ability to generate ideas within a setting and genre.
- Knowledge of storytelling principles.
- Ability to analyze and organize incoming information.
- Ability to convey your thoughts and ideas.
- Ability to notice other people’s thoughts and ideas.
- Fluent Russian, competent written speech.
- High level of English (B2 and above).
- Basic knowledge of game design.
Would be a great bonus:
- Experience in writing game texts and scripts.
- A relevant portfolio with your projects.
- Broad outlook (general erudition, well-read, knowledge of cultural trends).
- Gaming experience (both mobile games and games on other platforms).
- Understanding of the modern f2p mobile games market and their audience.
- Understanding of the game development process and the specifics of game scripts.
Working at G5 is about:
- The opportunity to bring your ideas to life in an international company with a multimillion audience: G5 games are played by 250 million users worldwide.
- Official employment in one of our locations or under a contract.
- Assistance with relocation that helps move to one of the countries where the company has offices: Armenia, Bulgaria, Georgia, Kazakhstan, Cyprus or Montenegro.
- Maintaining a work-life balance of employees: remote work and flexible hours, sports reimbursement, and health insurance payment.
- Charitable activities: you can initiate your own project with the company’s support or participate in G5 Charity events.
- Opportunities for professional development: access to resources for creating your own projects within R& D, an internal educational platform, and training webinars covering various specialties.
- Bonus system: project profit bonus for project teams and a performance share program for key employees.
- Language courses: free English lessons, speaking clubs for all proficiency levels, and free study language of the country of relocation.
- Entertainment: corporate events and team buildings, master classes for adults and children, webinars with guest speakers, coffee talks, quizzes, and contests.
Please be aware that the email correspondence with G5 Games representatives is conducted via g5e.com only.
More about G5 Games: